Technical Sales Rep -Saint Paul/Minneapolis, Minnesota
Jaytech Water Solutions is seeking a driven and skilled business-to-business (B2B) Technical Sales Representative to join our team in the Saint Paul and Minneapolis MN areas. As a leading supplier of boiler and cooling chemical solutions, we serve a broad range of corporate, industrial, and institutional customers with high-quality products at competitive prices. Our Technical Sales Representatives play a critical role in our business, as they are responsible for finding new business, closing sales, and serving existing clients. Our products typically represent 1-5% of our buyer's annual budget and run on a 6-12-month sales cycle.
As our Technical Sales Representative, you will be responsible for marketing our products to both existing clients (70% of the time) and new customers (30%). You will prepare and deliver proposal presentations to a single decision maker or group, work with clients to identify their needs, answer questions, and resolve any issues. You will collaborate with fellow team members in defining objectives, working towards company sales goals, and adhering to strong service standards by conducting quality checks and follow-up visits with clients.
We are looking for a self-motivated and results-driven individual who is comfortable working independently and under moderate levels of pressure. Our ideal candidate is proficient in Microsoft Office Applications, including Word, Excel, PPT & Teams, and has experience working with web-based CRM. The Technical Sales Representative will work remotely, so you must be comfortable working in this environment.
- 2 years of experience in chemical water treatment for boilers, cooling towers, and chillers.
- 2 years of technical sales experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications; Word, Excel, PPT & Teams.
- Experience working with web-based CRM.
- Comfortable working remotely.
- College degree, two-year degree, technical degree/certificate or combination of education and experience.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Competitive spirit and an aptitude to work both individually and as a member of a team.
- Present and sell company products and services to current and potential clients.
- Be technically competent and maintain a current knowledge in water treatment chemicals, technologies, feed, and control equipment.
- Follow up on new leads and referrals resulting from field activity.
- Identify sales prospects and follow the sales process to convert prospects to new customers.
- Prepare presentations, proposals, and sales contracts.
- Develop and maintain sales materials and current product knowledge.
- Establish and maintain current client and potential client relationships.
- Prepare paperwork to activate and maintain contract services.
- Manage account services through on-site testing, service reports, email, phone, and other follow-up.
- Identify and resolve client concerns.
- Prepare a variety of status reports including activity, closings, follow-up, and adherence to goals using the standard Jaytech protocol.
- Coordinate company staff to accomplish the work required to close sales.
- Participate in marketing events such as seminars, trade shows, and telemarketing events.
- Assist accounting with the collection of payment when needed.
This is a full-time position with a salary based on experience, as well as bonus and commission pay. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes dental insurance, health insurance, life insurance, and paid time off. The work schedule is flexible, with a self-determined schedule, and may require significant local travel to current and potential clients, with occasional overnight travel (maximum of 2 nights per month).
If you are a self-starter who enjoys working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, we encourage you to apply for this exciting